In some tours, particularly treks, "adventure" tours or "backpacker" tour, you will be led to tent camp.
Mongolia, with its wild, huge stretches, perfectly lends itself to camping. You'll be alone in your little corner of natural heaven, by a river or in the desert, in the sound of nature, with the stars as unique neighbours.
Tent camping is a must for many people, but it's imperious to have an equipment adapted to climate conditions for the romantic adventure not to become an ordeal.
This is a summary about the equipment we provide, in order to make you prepare at best the great adventure.
- We provide some three persons tents, of the professional brand of Decathlon or Northface brand. Two persons will occupy a three persons tent. Our tents are changed every three years. We also have winter tents for the winter tours.
- From now on, we do our ground mattresses ourselves, by using the frame of old self-inflating mattresses, lined with two layers of felt, which give very thick, but very bulky, mattresses. During the self-sufficient treks, we also use some self-inflated mattresses but we must change them quite often, because the way they are used during the travel (put on the grass) is not appropriate, and they very quickly get pierced. For more peacefulness, you can bring your own mattress.
- We also provide you the sleeping bag, even if you don’t have any tent camping nights, for the nights in private homes.
For the tent camping nights, we provide you lined sleeping bags (two bags, one placed inside the other) and we also have winter sleeping bags for the winter tours. You’re kindly asked to bring your own sleeping bag sheet for reasons of hygiene. You may also appreciate to bring a pillow.
- We provide the mess tent (for the kitchen), a sanitary tent, and a portable shower cubicle. In all the tours, you will have camping table and chairs, and all the necessary equipment for cooking and eating.
- The water closet is a hole filled up again when we leave. On request, we can provide you chemical toilets if you like, but not during the self-sufficient treks because of the bulk.
Please note also that you must bring your own towel (that is not provided in the private homes, nor, obviously, for the tent camping nights ; only in the yurts camps).