Through a few shots we are going to attempt to make you travel in the steppes, to the discovery of nomadic childhood. These children grow up and develop themselves into a farming environment, with goats and calves as playmates. They grow in the fresh air of the Mongolian steppes, ride horses, deal with animals, learn how to cook and cope with a rough environment. A journey in 40 photos.
1. The little girl with her foal
2. Little girls with a goat
3. 3 sisters under a summer shower
4. Adorable little girl in front of her ger
5. Proud son of the steppes posing in front of his horse
6. Boy in the middle of his goats herd: milking time?
7. Baby playing with a young goat
8. Family from the Khongor region posing with their camel, in front of the dunes
9. Little girl with her calves in the stunning Orkhon valley
10. Little girl having a nap with her reindeer, North Taiga
11. Let’s stay among the Tsaatans with this lovely little girl. A smile full of life.
12. Little girl bursting into laugh with a giggling camel. Love that picture!
13. Swaddled baby in his yurt
14. Young leader of yak in the Mongolian steppes
15. Little girl wearing del front of her yurt
16. Young horse rider, wearing del, steering his horse with dexterity
17. It’s homework time, even in the Mongolian yurts
18. Beautiful photo from Hamid Sardar showing a Tsaatan mum breasting her son
19. Little boys on their camel in Gobi
20. Kids taking part in yurt chores. Terelij National Park.
21. Little girl and her brother posing in front of the vastness of Gobi
22. Brotherhood in del in the Sainshand region
23. We told you about the Bor Khalzan Tuulai’s customs. Here comes an example
24. Children marked by the elements in the Mongolian steppes
25. Young Kazakhe and his raptor during the Bayan Olgii Eagles festival
26. Kids playing in the Mongolian steppes. Here, no IPAD
27. Young nomad relishing a bowl of fresh milk
28. During migrations, the youngest ones have also to be carried
29. This young girl has just been through the haircut ceremony
30. Beautiful princess in the steppes enjoying the bays
31. Another picture from Hamid Sardar, in the Kazakhs from Altai this time
32. Young galloping jockey to win the race. Naadam festival.
33. Nice little shepherdess with her cows herd
34. Young Kazakh hunter in company with his royal eagle. Bayan Olgii Province
35. Very early, Mongolians become fervent meat eater
36. Baby in the steppe. A rough environment, yet healthy to grow up
37. Baby wearing the traditional Mongolian wrestling clothe. Naadam festival
38. Baby is trying to go out from the family yurt
39. Brother and sister on horseback. The elder already mounts bareback
40. Finally a picture from Michel Setboun, which was taken in the Arkhangai during summer time, right after a blizzard